The Bundesliga is one of the most popular football leagues in the world. Every year, millions of fans tune in to watch their favourite teams battle it out for the title. Germany has produced some of the greatest footballers in history, and the Bundesliga has been home to many of them.
Indeed, many of them have been extremely popular for punters to bet on when they take to the field while they play the collection of games available at stellarspins online casino as they know that each of these teams have had a likelihood of doing well whenever they play.
In this blog post, we will take a look at the five biggest clubs in Bundesliga history.
- FC Bayern Munich – Bayern Munich is by far the most successful club in Bundesliga history. They have won the league a record 31 times and have also been crowned champions of Europe on five occasions. Bayern Munich is a true superpower of German football and their dominance shows no signs of slowing down any time soon.
- Borussia Dortmund – Borussia Dortmund is the second most successful club in Bundesliga history with eight league titles to their name. They are also one of only two German clubs to have won the Champions League, doing so in 1997. Dortmund is one of Bayern’s biggest rivals and the rivalry between these two clubs is known as Der Klassiker.
- Hamburger SV – Hamburg were the only club to have never been relegated from the Bundesliga until they were shocked in 2018 after a poor season. They are three-time league champions but have not won the title since 1983. Hamburg is one of four clubs located in the city of Hamburg and they are traditionally known as Die Rothosen (The Red Shorts).
- Werder Bremen – Werder Bremen is another club with a strong tradition in German football. They have won the league four times and lifted the DFB-Pokal (German Cup) on numerous occasions. Bremen is located in the north-west German city of the same name and their fans are known for their passion and loyalty.
- FC Schalke 04 – Schalke is one of the most popular clubs in Germany despite never winning the Bundesliga title. Indeed, those that used the casino en ligne francais site over the last couple of seasons will have known that the team has suffered a huge fall of grace as they were relegated a couple of seasons before winning promotion back to the Bundesliga immediately. They have finished as runners-up on seven occasions but their best recent performance was finishing second behind Bayern Munich in 2010/11. Schalke is based in Gelsenkirchen and their fans are some of the most dedicated in all of German football.
There you have it, five of the biggest clubs in Bundesliga history! Some will argue that there are a number of other teams that could potentially appear on this list and replace others to have been included, although history would perhaps suggest that each of these clubs deserves their place here.